A refreshing swim on a hot day is one of the perks of owning a pool. Pool pumps are very important to keep your pool water clean and not murky.
Most pool pumps are designed to run 24 hours, seven days a week. This is unrealistic for most household and not to mention expensive. We have to be mindful of how much we spend in todays financial climate.
For that reason, there are pool pump timers. They can lower your energy consumption but still keep your waters as clear and free of murk as if you were running the pool puma ta all times.
If you are search in of a pool pump timer, you are in the right place.
You have to take into account that there are types of pool pump timers, its not a one size fits all. The voltage should be thought of as well when buying your pool pump timer. There are 3 types of best pool pump timers and they are a follow.
- It runs on 120 to 240 volts. Uses a 3HP pump and you can program up to 3 circuit with his pump
- If you run your pump continuously. This one is for you. The timer is best suited for a 1.5 HP pump
This one features a twist-lock plug or the 3-prong plug. You can use both the 1.5 HP AND 3HP pump however it depends on your pool size and pool accessories you have. Whichever timer you choose, take into consideration the size of your pool and your pool accessories. Once you know the type of your pool pump. You will want to know what your options are. Bringing us to the top 3 pool pump timers on the market.
Intermatic P1353ME Pool Pump Timer
- It is easy to operate, and you can choose to use any intermate enclosure of your choice. This timer allows you to run 3 timed circuits. It powers up to 3HP.
- The most convenient feature is that you can switch it to a wireless system anytime you want. It has an LCD for easy reading.
- Easy to install and use.
The Intermatic PF1103T
- This one is for those of you who live in colder climates or you can use it during the colder seasons. It runs automatically, just set it to the temperature you want. Get this, if the temperature drops below the temperature you set then it will automatically turn on. It protects your pool against freeze damage.
- It powers both the 1.5HP and the 3Hp
- Set up the enclosure, then slip the timer into place. Easy enough.
Honeywell Aube T1040/U
- This one will suite you if your pool pump consistently run for long periods of time.
- You can set it up to run for 16 hours daily. Can be programmed for 14 settings for a full week. The case is water proof and can be used in any weather conditions.
- Which one of the above sums your pool up? As you read there are many great features and variety.
- Ultimately, the pool pump timer you choose has to fit your lifestyle and unique pool pump. From now on, you can enjoy the crystal-clear water without murk and bacteria, while saving on your energy consumption and saving you some money.
For more pool related guides and product reviews, visit ThePoolAdvisors.com